The Doctor Oz Show recently added an article on veganism to its website, just shortly before airing an episode devoted entirely to the diet.
In “The Nutrition Plan That Will Save Your Life,” three changes are advocated for preventing and reversing heart disease and reducing the risk of cancer.
Those changes include eating meatless protein, using plant sources for calcium and Vitamin D and staying away from processed foods.
“Animal protein, including fish, delivers a heavy dose of saturated fat and cholesterol, which can put you at risk for heart disease.”
“It may surprise you, but meat isn’t the highest source of bad fat. That title goes to dairy. Additionally, casein, a protein found in milk, has been linked to the growth rate of cancer.”
“Processed foods are stripped of nutrients and injected with sugar, salt and trans-fats, three substances that lead to obesity, diabetes, cancer and heart disease.”
Sample menus for breakfast, lunch and dinner are included in the article at DoctorOz.com.
Photo: PR Photos
Possibly Related Posts:
- Green Leaf’s & Bananas iPad Giveaway For National Salad Month
- Meatless Monday Recipe–Mark Bittman Breakfast Couscous
- Frankie Francis Of Frankie And The Heartstrings National Vegetarian Week
- Portia de Rossi On Vegan Diet And Healthy Weight
- Lisa Rinna Ate Vegan Like Mary Lou Henner During “Celebrity Apprentice” (Video)