Today in the world of shocking news, a reporter from Celebrity Baby Scoop learns that hamburgers are made from beef, which comes from dead cows.
When asked why he became a vegetarian, Weird Al said, “Many years ago I found out something about hamburgers that really grossed me out. You may not know this, so I hope I don’t make you sick, but it turns out hamburgers are actually made out of dead cows. I am not making this up. Needless to say, as soon as I discovered that, I gave up meat entirely.”
Sounds easy enough, but the fact is, many people don’t have a clue how the burger at McDonald’s gets there.
That doesn’t mean they aren’t interested.
According to a Consumer Reports poll, 92% of Americans want to know where their food comes from.
The USDA has a website with the motto, Know Your Farmer, Know Your Food that aims to help consumers reconnect with the farming process. Some of its missions are to support local farmers, help rural communities and promote healthier ways of eating.
Visitors can learn more sustainable ways of farming by browsing through the Farmers’ Market directory, learning how to use local farmers to feed the community (such as Farm To School programs), and gaining awareness of the grants available to various incentives that help support healthier living.
Photo: PR Photo
Possibly Related Posts:
- Morrissey Adds Vegan Touch To First In-Person Interview In Decade On “Larry King Now” (Video)
- Meatless Monday Recipe–Rosanna Davison Raw Chocolate And Salted Caramel Slice
- Dawn Richard And PETA Know Vegan Looks Good Inside And Out
- Jon Stewart Signs Off From “The Daily Show” Leaving His Mark On Food, Animals And The Earth
- Eva Longoria Goes Vegan To Lean Out