At the group’s 30th anniversary gala, Newkirk revealed she sent Gaga a little letter due to the singer’s recent escapades in outfits fashioned from raw meat.
“I’ve written to her privately and suggested that maybe we have a vegan dinner privately somewhere,” Newkirk said.
A special event may have varying levels of dress requirements, but we do hope Lady Gaga realizes her meat dress worn to the MTV Video Music Awards is a little inappropriate and would get her turned away faster than a polka dot pants wearing shirtless gent at a black tie party.
As a vegetarian or vegan, you’re probably already an expert at hosting meatless dinner parties, but if you’re going to be on the guest end of things, you can politely email tips for hosting a vegetarian friendly dinner to your host.
The basics of ensuring the guests feel welcomed, of course, is remembering what each type of diet means.
From Host A Vegetarian Friendly Dinner:
- Vegetarians generally eat dairy and eggs, but be sure to ask.
- Vegans do not eat any animal products (including honey).
It’s also recommended a host avoid singling out the veggie at the table and letting everyone know a special meal was prepared for them. Just slide that alfalfa sprout casserole in front of them while everyone else’s head is buried in greasy fried chicken. They’ll never notice.
Finally, think of meal preparations as a “wheel,” where the main course at the hub should be plant based and the “spokes” coming out can be meat and dairy, but not necessarily. For example, start pasta out as a clean dish with olive oil drizzled over it and have the “spokes” be meat, cheese and sauces in side serving containers so toppings can be added according to preference.
Here are some vegan “wheels” to get you started.
Photo: PR Photos
Possibly Related Posts:
- Slice Of Celebrity Vegan Birthday Cake To (Drum Roll)
- Richard Linklater Spins Vegetarian Spoof Of “Boyhood” For PETA (Video)
- Pink Wears Own Skin In PETA “Rather Go Naked Than Wear Fur” Ad
- Beyonce And Trainer Start Vegan Meal Delivery Service
- Meatless Monday Recipe–Jamie Oliver’s Brillant Veggie Burger