You’ve heard of Meatless Mondays, a campaign encouraging people to eat vegetarian just one day a week.
Will we soon see a movement promoting less dairy and eggs, called Vegan Thursdays?
“I am a vegetarian. I don’t eat meat or any fish, and I do try to be a vegan at least once a week where I don’t drink milk or eat cheese or eggs. I’ve been a vegetarian since I was twelve.”
The dairy industry isn’t without environmental impact.
There are humane arguments to using less dairy, such as the conditions female cows in factory farms must endure when they are unable to move and forced to produce unnatural amounts of milk during their lifetime.
Will your next step in going green be to cut dairy during the week?
Possibly Related Posts:
- Alicia Silverstone To Humane Society On “Kind Mama” And Next Cookbook
- Meatless Monday Recipe–Pumpkin Bread Pudding With Orlando Jones (Video)
- Norman Reedus Of “The Walking Dead” Eats Vegetarian After Flesh Scenes
- Zoe Saldana Talks Former Vegetarian Ways Over Ribs With Craig Fergson
- Yotam Ottolenghi Gives “Plenty More” Vegetarian Recipes In New Book