Ginnifer Goodwin is on the cover of the May/June 2010 issue of VegNews Magazine.
The magazine has titled this issue the “Big Love” one, and not just because of the actress’ hit HBO television series. There is also a section on vegan weddings!
Goodwin discussed the factors that led her to become vegetarian and her work with the Humane Society of the United States as well as that controversial cover shoot for W magazine where she wore leather.
“I had written the magazine, my publicist had talked to the magazine, and there was not going to be a way for me to do that cover without wearing the clothes they needed modeled, which of course made me uncomfortable because I was clad in all leather. I would never do a fashion campaign selling leather. I would never accept money to model leather.”
Goodwin took a lot of criticism from the vegan community for agreeing to do the shoot, which she says, “really did break my heart.”
“I took solace in Rory Freedman, a new friend a the time, who made me feel a lot better about the decision to have taken the cover over not having taken it as an opportunity to talk about the issues.”
Read the entire interview in the May/June issue of VegNews on the stands now.
Possibly Related Posts:
- Morrissey Adds Vegan Touch To First In-Person Interview In Decade On “Larry King Now” (Video)
- Meatless Monday Recipe–Rosanna Davison Raw Chocolate And Salted Caramel Slice
- Stella McCartney Ends Sourcing From Unethical Wool Supplier
- Dawn Richard And PETA Know Vegan Looks Good Inside And Out
- Jon Stewart Signs Off From “The Daily Show” Leaving His Mark On Food, Animals And The Earth