The Cove took home an Oscar for Best Docmentary yesterday at the 82nd Annual Academy Awards.
Ecorazzi reports that director Louie Psihoyos had this to say in his acceptance speech:
“I just want to say it was an honor to work on this film and to try make an entertaining film that also tries to enlighten everybody. I have to thank Jim Clark who financed the film and who was also kind of the guiding wisdom behind the film, Paula DuPre Presman, my producing partner, and my hero, Rick O’Barry, who is not only a hero to this species but to all species.”
The film depicts the killings of dolphins in Japan that are later sold as meat.
Looks like animal activist Ric O’Barry tried to solicit a few last votes American Idol style!
Possibly Related Posts:
- Morrissey Adds Vegan Touch To First In-Person Interview In Decade On “Larry King Now” (Video)
- Stella McCartney Ends Sourcing From Unethical Wool Supplier
- Jon Stewart Signs Off From “The Daily Show” Leaving His Mark On Food, Animals And The Earth
- Carrie Underwood Dogs Lock Themselves In Car And Make Great PSA Example
- Harry Styles Says SeaWorld Going in Wrong Direction