Charlize Theron has collaborated with TOMS Shoes company to raise money for the Charlize Theron Africa Outreach Project (CTAOP).
TOMS donated 10,000 pairs of shoes that will be available December 15 2009 and a portion of the proceeds for each pair sold will go towards the CTAOP.
One of the greatest bonus points of this charitable partnership is that the shoes to be sold are vegan friendly!
A description from toms.com reveals a description of the shoes as, “LiViTY eco-textile and vegan friendly construction, embroidered native baobob tree on over-dyed canvas, Lining with Africa Outreach Project logo pattern.”
The shoes are available in both women’s and men’s styles, titled “Baobob Sunset” and “Baobob Night,” respectively.
The CTAOP works to create a safer and more comfortable life for African children and families living in poverty, particularly those with HIV/AIDS.
TOMS is best known for its One for One program, where every pair of shoes purchased is matched with a donated pair to a child in need.
The company features a good selection of vegan friendly shoes made with recycled products.
Possibly Related Posts:
- Kimberly Elise Pumps Vegetables In PETA Pro Vegan Ad (Video)
- Kaley Cuoco-Sweeting Talks Rescue Pit Bull In Humane Society “All Animals”
- Blake Lively Preserve Store Features Vegan Hot Fudge
- Slice Of Vegan Celebrity Birthday Cake To (Drum Roll)
- Demi Lovato Eats Raw And Vegan With Occasional Celebrity Made Pizza