After two years of targeted campaign efforts by animal rights groups, Selfridges–one of the biggest supermarket chains in the UK–has agreed to take foie gras off its shelves.
Yay! Yay and triple yay!
Foie gras is produced when geese are force fed so much their livers swell, resulting in severe pain and discomfort.
No word if 007 is writing a big check to Selfridges, but we’re thinking the store just came to its senses.
After all, it doesn’t take a secret agent to know the only creatures that should be “stuffed” are the humans who voluntarily do so during the holidays.
Possibly Related Posts:
- Morrissey Adds Vegan Touch To First In-Person Interview In Decade On “Larry King Now” (Video)
- Meatless Monday Recipe–Rosanna Davison Raw Chocolate And Salted Caramel Slice
- Stella McCartney Ends Sourcing From Unethical Wool Supplier
- Dawn Richard And PETA Know Vegan Looks Good Inside And Out
- Jon Stewart Signs Off From “The Daily Show” Leaving His Mark On Food, Animals And The Earth