After two years of targeted campaign efforts by animal rights groups, Selfridges–one of the biggest supermarket chains in the UK–has agreed to take foie gras off its shelves.
Yay! Yay and triple yay!
Foie gras is produced when geese are force fed so much their livers swell, resulting in severe pain and discomfort.
No word if 007 is writing a big check to Selfridges, but we’re thinking the store just came to its senses.
After all, it doesn’t take a secret agent to know the only creatures that should be “stuffed” are the humans who voluntarily do so during the holidays.
Possibly Related Posts:
- Alan Cumming Celebrates New York City Most Vegan-Friendly Honor
- Emily Deschanel Throwing Vegan Party For Son
- Denzel Washington Quits Tofu
- Rob Zombie To Eat Vegan On “Top Chef”
- Meatless Monday Recipe–Misterwives’ Vegan Chicken Scallopini (Video)