Celebrity chef Alton Brown is no stranger to sustainable eating, taking interest after his then five year old daughter figured out chicken on the plate used to be her cute friend.
Good for children and all their hundreds of endless questions, because Alton describes himself as 80% vegetarian.
So what’s holding Alton back?
The Piven Syndrome.
At mnn.com, Alton says he encourages eating more sustainable fish and claims to keep a can of sardines in his suitcase.
Eww! Bet that suitcase smells worse than his dirty laundry.
Still, 80% is better than nothing and Alton would like to see more people adopt “diversification and seasonality when it comes to choosing vegetables.”
There’s no better way to do seasonal than the Farmer’s Market.
Alton’s new Food Network show, The Next Iron Chef, premiered October 4.
Possibly Related Posts:
- Best Vegetarian Stories Of 2015
- Victoria’s Secret Angels Dine On Plant-Based Food
- Pamela Anderson Does Sexy Vegan Cake Making For “Love “
- Moby Opens Little Pine Vegan Restaurant
- Jesse Einsenberg Celebrates “Thanksliving” During The Holidays (Video)