Written by Vegetarian Star on September 12th, 2009 in Food & Drink.
Grab your reusable shopping bags and take the Metro headed towards 1600 N. Pennsylvania Ave. to visit the Farmer’s Market at the White House.
A permit was approved this week for the nonprofit Fresh Farm Markets to close Vermont Avenue Northwest between H and I Streets in order to clear the way for a Farmer’s Market near the President’s home.
The market opens next week on September 17 and will run until October 29.
It’s not certain whether the Obamas will make an appearance at the markets, but Sam Kass, an assistant chef at the White House has showed up at a community meeting recently to show support.
Last August, Barack Obama said he wanted to get a farmer’s market near the White House.
One initiative passed, many more to go.
Possibly Related Posts:
- Meatless Mouthful–Frances Fisher Experiences “Resurrection” Of Youth With Vegan Diet
- Al Gore “Medscape” Interview On Health Medicine And Vegan Diet
- Mayim Bialk Makes Vegan Cupcakes On “Rachael Ray” (Video)
- Jared Leto Thanks Makers Of Vegan Butter For “Dallas Buyers Club” Win
- Meatless Monday Recipe–Wolfgang Puck Oscar Chocolate Cupcakes