Not a complete vegan-not even a complete vegetarian-Gonzalez still eats seafood and chicken occasionally, but has given red meat the permanent punt off his plate.
“You have to put good stuff in your body. Everybody should, but especially athletes. We’re high-performance machines. You wouldn’t put regular gas in a race car. Jimmie Johnson is going to put the high-octane, good stuff in there. It’s the same thing for football players. You’d be surprised by how many players don’t do it. But I’ve seen the results.”
Tony’s trying to get the wifey on board too, but she’s not the best willing participant.
Does she need a Skinny Bitch to keep her in line?
“She’s having trouble. When I cook, she’s eating good. But if she has to do it on her own, she might not make the best choices.”
Tony made the switch to a mainly vegetarian diet after sitting next to a man who ordered a vegan meal on a plane flight and bugging the heck out of him with questions, which led Tony to read The China Study, which outlines how diseases that drive health care costs up can be prevented with a plant based diet.
Possibly Related Posts:
- Quincy Pondexter Of Memphis Grizzlies Husky Dog Buckets Is MVP
- Leilani Munter Wants NASCAR Fans To Test Drive Vegetarian Food
- Meatless Mouthful–Mark Bittman “Vegan Before Six” What Doctor Ordered
- Mark Bittman “Today” Appearance Features Several Vegan Dishes (Video)
- Mark Bittman Flexitarian Cheating Plan