Moby just kicked off a series of concerts meant to help raise climate change awareness, the “Play to stop – Europe for climate,” a joint venture with MTV and the European Commission.
When Moby asked Al Gore why he didn’t include going vegetarian in the documentary on being green and saving the planet, “An Inconvenient Truth,” he got an “honest” answer.
“I asked Al Gore about why he didn’t mention this in ‘An Inconvenient Truth’ [as animal production is responsible for more greenhouse gases than every car, bus, truck, bus, plane and boat on the planet combined]. He answered honestly, basically saying that getting people to drive a hybrid car isn’t that difficult. Getting people to give up animal products is almost impossible. I appreciated his honesty.”
But wonder how many part time vegetarians could have been created if the diet was a least brought up sometime in the film?
Perhaps if those that label themselves environmentalists really knew the truth about the waste of resources and gas emissions from cows in the fields, they’d be motivated to at least stop eating meat for a day or two a week.
We’ll never know.
Possibly Related Posts:
- Meatless Monday Recipe–Sarah Silverman Veggie Pot Pie (Video)
- Emily Deschanel And Hubby David Hornsby Expanding 2nd Child
- Meatless Mouthful–Jennifer Lopez Says Don’t Fear The Veggie
- RZA Wishes “A Better Tomorrow” For Animals In PETA Ad
- Meatless Mouthful–Alicia Silverstone Says Vegan No Longer Laughable