Author Rory Freedman said she admires Emily Deschanel, saying, “Her life is busy, her schedule’s busy but she always, always, always makes time for the animals.”
Emily is keeping up that reputation and has written to California congressman Rep. Henry Waxman urging him to cosponsor the Town-Reichart Great Ape Protection Act, which would phase out “invasive scientific research” on chimpanzees and release federally owned apes to chimpanzee sanctuaries.
The number of apes that would be released to sanctuaries is around 500.
Emily writes, “The Great Ape Protection Act is the best chance we have to ease their pain and suffering.”
“They could form bonds with other chimpanzees, bask in the sunlight, and feel the grass and the earth. That’s the least we can do for chimpanzees, our species’ closest living relatives.”
Read Emily’s entire act at usnews.com.
Possibly Related Posts:
- Meatless Mouthful–Kangana Ranaut Finds Vegetarian Opens Spirituality
- Mayim Bialik Celebrates Earth Day Every Day
- Christian Serratos Asks Electric Car Drivers To Go Vegetarian In PETA Ad
- Paul McCartney Does “Eat No Fish” PETA Ad For Good Friday
- Krysten Ritter Enjoys Vegan Mexican