Author Rory Freedman said she admires Emily Deschanel, saying, “Her life is busy, her schedule’s busy but she always, always, always makes time for the animals.”
Emily is keeping up that reputation and has written to California congressman Rep. Henry Waxman urging him to cosponsor the Town-Reichart Great Ape Protection Act, which would phase out “invasive scientific research” on chimpanzees and release federally owned apes to chimpanzee sanctuaries.
The number of apes that would be released to sanctuaries is around 500.
Emily writes, “The Great Ape Protection Act is the best chance we have to ease their pain and suffering.”
“They could form bonds with other chimpanzees, bask in the sunlight, and feel the grass and the earth. That’s the least we can do for chimpanzees, our species’ closest living relatives.”
Read Emily’s entire act at usnews.com.
Possibly Related Posts:
- Slice Of Vegan Celebrity Birthday Cake To (Drum Roll)
- Ke$ha Humane Society Street Dog Ebay Auction
- Ron Jeremy Not Into Animal Sex At University Research Facilities
- Willie Nelson Cancels SeaWorld Show (Video)
- Meatless Mouthful–Torrey DeVito For Shelter Pet Project (Video)