Written by Vegetarian Star on May 21st, 2009 in Athletes-Games-Sports.
It might not have been easy being vegetarian growing up if mom and dad were meat and potatoes kind of parents.
Luckily, for race car driver Leilani Munter, she didn’t have that problem to worry about as mom wore the pants along with her apron when it came to meals and one day decided to make the whole fam go veg.
From the May/June issue of Vegetarian Times:
“It was my mom’s idea. One day she came home and announced that the whole house was going veg. It was fine with me, because when I realized hamburgers came from cows, I was horrified.”
Way to go mom!
Are you a parent who put your foot down and banned meat from your household? Tell us about it.
Possibly Related Posts:
- Rob Bigwood Gets His “Game Of Arms” On With Plant-Based Foods
- Gus Kenworthy Bringing Home Puppies And Medal From Olympics
- Alexey Voyevoda Wins Gold For Russia Bobsledding And Vegan Athletes
- Meagan Duhamel Wins Silver Medal Skating At Sochi
- Puppy Bowl And Keyboard Cat Entertain Animal Loving Football Fans