Written by Vegetarian Star on May 21st, 2009 in Athletes-Games-Sports.
It might not have been easy being vegetarian growing up if mom and dad were meat and potatoes kind of parents.
Luckily, for race car driver Leilani Munter, she didn’t have that problem to worry about as mom wore the pants along with her apron when it came to meals and one day decided to make the whole fam go veg.
From the May/June issue of Vegetarian Times:
“It was my mom’s idea. One day she came home and announced that the whole house was going veg. It was fine with me, because when I realized hamburgers came from cows, I was horrified.”
Way to go mom!
Are you a parent who put your foot down and banned meat from your household? Tell us about it.
Possibly Related Posts:
- John Salley And Stars Celebrate PETA Celebrity Stamp Launch
- Meatless Mouthful–Mike Tyson Relaxes His Vegan Diet
- Maurice Jones-Drew Gets Inked And Not Minked For PETA And Animals
- Meatless Mouthful–Peter Siddle Has Vegan Story To Tell
- John Salley Celebrates Florida Animal Rights With Vegan Wine