Green gossip website Ecorazzi.com received a tip from a fan who stated Walters announced she was seriously thinking about going vegetarian. Walters was prompted by a story about a cow named Molly who escaped a New York slaughterhouse.
“This morning on the View Barbara Walters brought up the topic of the Cow Molly that had escaped a slaughterhouse in NY yesterday. She said that was the reason she is more and more leaning towards vegetarianism. She also stated that she is scheduled to go to a White House dinner and she plans on bringing her own veggie burgers.”
Way to go, Barb! We seriously hope she follows through with this decision and sticks with it.
On an even happier note, the escaped cow was not sent back to slaughter, but instead transferred to an animal sanctuary in Suffolk county.
Maybe Barbara will pay her inspiration a visit and share some greens for lunch one day!
Possibly Related Posts:
- Meatless Monday Recipe–Sarah Silverman Veggie Pot Pie (Video)
- Slice Of Vegan Celebrity Birthday Cake To (Drum Roll)
- Emily Deschanel And Hubby David Hornsby Expanding 2nd Child
- Meatless Mouthful–Jennifer Lopez Says Don’t Fear The Veggie
- RZA Wishes “A Better Tomorrow” For Animals In PETA Ad