Just when you think you’ve heard everything about President Obama, new news surfaces.
In 2006, when Barack was an Illinois senator, he wrote a letter to PETA condemning the Canadian seal hunt.
Yes, THE PETA. Who knew Barack had such animal lovin’ roots!
“I share your concerns about the Canadian seal hunt,” Obama wrote in a letter to the organization, dated April 13, 2006.
“As you know, Canada annually opens its eastern waters to commercial seal hunting. The United States and European Union have been unified in their opposition to the slaughter of seals by passing legislation decades ago to restrict the sale of seal-based products within their borders.”
“I certainly believe in the spirit of these acts; the U.S. should not condone this recent Canadian action.”
Much ado has been made about the level of physical fitness of the current president. (Shirtless photo, shirtless photo, shirtless photo.)
Would it be inappropriate for us to suggest the President of the United States to take off his shirt for PETA in the name of animals? Even jokingly? We certainly hope not.
One thing’s for sure, it’s definitely appropriate for Obama to continue to champion for animals while in office.
Possibly Related Posts:
- PETA Asks Obama Daughters To Consider Pardoning All Turkeys
- Meatless Monday Recipe–Martha Stewart Quinoa Salad With Toasted Almonds
- Marco Antonio Regil Interview With Vegetarian Star–Part 2
- Wendi McLendon-Covey Of “Goldbergs” Celebrates Cats With PETA (Video)
- Edie Falco Joins Celebrity Fight For Confined Pigs In New Jersey