Conor Oberst has been a busy man, musically. Although he may be best known for his work with the group Bright Eyes, he’s also been involved with Desaparecidos, Norman Bailer, Commander Venus, Park Ave., and Conor Oberst and the Mystic Valley Band. He performed in his hometown of Omaha, Nebraska for an Obama rally earlier this year.
He’s been vegetarian, vegan, and even a pescetarian (vegetarian who eats fish) and was involved with PETA. Here’s a video, if you’re interested.
He sat down to talk to a journalist while grabbing a bite of a veggie burger and explained that while his songs have been called “confessional,” he tells not only his business but everybody else’s as well. Yikes! Remind us not to tell him anything too personal.
“I’ll always draw from my experiences because that’s the material that’s most readily available. But I don’t make any bones about drawing from other people’s experiences. Also, when I write a song, the pronoun is really not important. I’ll even forget sometimes and sing the wrong pronoun, whether it’s she or he or it or I or you. Because they’re all interchangeable. It’s what comes after that, the rest of the line – that’s where the truth is going to be.”
Read more of the interview, here.
Possibly Related Posts:
- Billy Corgan Educates Pizza Shop On Dehorning Dairy Calves
- Snoop Dogg + Snoop Lion + Porky Pig + Vegetarian = Complicated
- Jared Leto Sleepover Giveaway To Promote “Love Lust Faith + Dreams”
- Morrissey Backs Investigations Of Vivisection Labs At London College
- Slice Of Celebrity Vegan Birthday Cake To (Drum Roll)