Brian May, Queen guitarist, vegetarian and animal rights activist, is scheduled to perform at the inaugural Wildlife Rocks, a musical celebration meant to raise awareness about wildlife issues and animal rights.
May has worked with several animal advocate groups to put together the event, including RSPCA, Born Free and the David Shepherd Wildlife Foundation.
“We’ve gathered phenomenal momentum with the Save Me campaign and now is the time to bring this together with some amazing like-minded partners for a real celebration of all that’s great about the wildlife that we share this planet with,” May said.
“We’re all quick to focus on the issues of animal welfare, and there is much to do, but we want this to be about how amazingly rich our natural heritage is and how we’ve all got a role to play in preserving and nurturing it.”
Wildlife Rocks will take place September 1st at the Guilford Cathedral in Surrey. For more information, visit wildliferocks.me.
Possibly Related Posts:
- The Passing Of A Vegan Prince
- SeaWorld Phasing Out Whale Breeding Program
- Meatless Mouthful–Stevie Wonder Says Vegan Helps His Good Looks And Planet
- Meatless Monday Recipe–Waka Flocka Blueberry Vegan Muffins (Video)
- Best Vegetarian Stories Of 2015