Who says the vegetarians and vegans are self-righteous?
Forbes cites a survey among vegetarians and meat eaters that proves plant eaters are much more open to lip lock with a carnivore than vice versa.
The study, conducted by Today.com, polled 4,000 members of online dating site Match.com between the ages of 18 and 75 (yes, grandpa still gets the ladies) about what they’re looking for in a partner when it comes to diet.
“We learn a lot about someone by observing their attitude about food…[and] we use that to judge how a date might be in a relationship.” said Vidya Rao, TODAY.com Food Editor.
Today.com learned that while 96% of vegetarians are willing to date an omnivore, 30% of omnivores said they would not consider dating a vegetarian or vegan.
Is it Jack’s fear of being fed granola crusted tofu by his sweetheart every night? Or a lecture on the number of animals Jill kills every year because of her McBurger habit? Who knows.
Cupid struck veggies, while it may be hurtful at first to know the handsome cattle rancher would choose some heifer over you, take comfort in knowing there are several online dating services just for vegetarians and vegans where the chance for rejection is much lower than the cholesterol level of the meat-eater that stood you up.
Possibly Related Posts:
- Meatless Monday Recipe–Kerry Washington Glowing Green Smoothie (Video)
- Kathryn Prescott Consumes Vegan Frozen Yogurt On “Finding Carter”
- Steve Schirripa From “The Sopranos” Launches Vegan Organic Sauces
- Bill Clinton Elected By Americans For The Grill On “TODAY” (Video)
- Meatless Monday Recipe–Mayim Bialik Tomato Soup With Israeli Cousccous