The worst part about winter (besides being stuck in the snow, high heating bills and dry skin) is having to miss out on all the seasonal produce you now have to buy frozen.
Sam Kass and the rest of Michelle Obama‘s staff is protecting the White House organic garden this winter by using “hoop houses” that will help the cabbage, spinach, carrots and other produce absorb heat and protect from frost.
“Sugar doesn’t freeze, so spinach produces extra sugars in the winter to protect itself from frost,” Kass blogged. “It tastes almost like candy.”
Hmm…Is a veggie lover in the garden like a kid in a candy store?
Possibly Related Posts:
- Chrissy Teigen Failed Vegan Experiment
- Mia Evans Is A “Masterchef Junior” Vegetarian Star
- Holly Madison Enjoys Vegan Smoothie From M Cafe In Beverly Hills
- Controversy Over Pro-Vegeterian Curriculum In Schools
- Ellie Goulding Creates Protein Bar “Everlasting Joy” With GoMacro