Written by Vegetarian Star on June 1st, 2009 in Athletes-Games-Sports.
Today is the day NHL player Georges Laraque turns vegan.
The Montreal Canadienes enforcer had been vegetarian for some time and recently told the Montreal Gazette he planned to go vegan on June 1st.
Georges has already blogged about his activism, participating in an anti-fur protest in Canada.
Making the plunge which involves eschewing dairy, eggs, and even certain types of clothing can be a challenge. Some may find themselves “going vegan” several times before they get it right.
Think Georges can pull it off? Give us your thoughts!
Wishing you a wonderful, animal-free life, Georges!
Possibly Related Posts:
- Best Vegetarian Stories Of 2014
- Griff Whalen Of Indianapolis Colts Receives The Vegan Pass
- PETA Names AT & T Park Most Veggie Friendly MLB Stadium
- Tim Howard Scores Goal For Animals In PETA “Ink Not Mink” Ad
- Slice Of Celebrity Vegan Birthday Cake To (Drum Roll)