Malia and Sasha Obama don’t always go for the green goodies, but according to Mrs. Obama, the closer the carrot, the better the V8. Or something along those lines.
She recently allowed the press into her White House Kitchen before a dinner to honor the nation’s governors where she praised local and sustainable foods, saying that if food is grown locally, “oftentimes it tastes really good, and when you’re dealing with kids, you want to get them to try that carrot.”
“If it tastes like a real carrot, and it’s really sweet, they’re going to think that it’s a piece of candy,” Michelle Obama said, according to the New York Times.
“So my kids are more inclined to try different vegetables if they are fresh and local and delicious.”
She hinted that one of her favorite dishes might be vegan-broccoli cream soup without the cream.
Mrs. Obama frequently discussed the importance of healthy foods, including those grown locally, while on the campaign trail last year.
Source: New York Times
Possibly Related Posts:
- Chrissy Teigen Failed Vegan Experiment
- Mia Evans Is A “Masterchef Junior” Vegetarian Star
- Holly Madison Enjoys Vegan Smoothie From M Cafe In Beverly Hills
- Controversy Over Pro-Vegeterian Curriculum In Schools
- Ellie Goulding Creates Protein Bar “Everlasting Joy” With GoMacro