Singer Michael Stipe and guitarist Peter Buck of the musical group REM are both vegetarians, so it shouldn’t come as a surprised that they’d be concerned about the food options while on tour, whether it’d be backstage or in a hotel.
When Stipe and Buck took part in a discussion before a show about how much fruit and vegetarian food was going to be at an after party, a journalist joked that maybe these terms meant something else. In the world of rock and roll, there are often code words for drugs, alcohol, and women.
Nope. Fruits and veggies really do mean fruits and veggies. Boring, but true.
“It’s about respect,” Buck said, referring to ensuring vegetarian options were available.
Stipe once owned a vegetarian restaurant and juice bar in Athens, Georgia, where the group all met up as students. It closed, but he is now the owner of the building which houses The Grit, a successful veg eatery in the same town.
Possibly Related Posts:
- Peter Dinklage Stays Clear Of Vegetarian Restaurants
- Anthony Bourdain “Parts Unknown” Takes Him To Vegetarian India (Video)
- Meatless Monday Recipe–Mayim Bialik Chocolate Fruit And Nut Clusters
- Meatless Mouthful– Alicia Silverstone On Being A “Kind Mama”
- Kimberly Elise Can “Hit The Floor” Dancing On Veggie Burgers Alone