Former Blink 182 drummer Travis Barker survived a nasty plane crash and thankfully is on his way to a full recovery.
Although he’s normally a vegetarian, he’s temporarily eating meat because he feels it will help him heal faster.
“Because I was a vegetarian, for my first three surgeries, it was hard to get any of my grafts to take to my real skin,” he said. “I have such low levels of protein. I need protein from food rather than just protein supplements. I changed my diet. I would do anything I possibly could [to get better]. They said, ‘There’s a possibility you might heal faster if you do eat meat or just change your eating habits.’ So I did.”
While we feel there are plenty of ways to get protein in from non-meat sources, it would be awfully insensitive for us to jump on a man after being in such a horrible crash. So we’ll wish one of our favorite tattooed rockers a speedy recovery when he can once again go back to the veg lifestyle.
via MTV News
Possibly Related Posts:
- Noel Gallagher Can’t Be F*cking Bothered With Morrissey’s Vegetarian Ways
- Slice Of Vegan Celebrity Birthday Cake To (Drum Roll)
- Lenny Kravitz And Denzel Washington Have Vegan Guys Night Out (Video)
- Meatless Monday Recipe–Jason Mraz Avocado Pudding Smoothie Guacamole
- Jason Mraz In “EatingWell” January/February 2015